Preconstruction is the most important stage in the commercial building process. It’s also an area where National Construction stands out. While it’s most relevant to our design-build and team approaches to the building design and construction process, it’s part of all of our projects in some way.
In short, National Construction evaluates costs, quality and schedules during preconstruction. More specifically, we can:
- Conduct a space needs analysis
- Provide field dimensions and conditions
- Prepare a preliminary budget and continually refine it as plans and specifications are developed
- Assist with drawings and specifications
- Review architectural, civil, mechanical, electrical and structural plans and specifications
- Analyze construction feasibility, material and labor availability, procurement and construction timelines and projected costs
- Research and recommend alternative methods of construction and other economies
- Expedite long lead times to meet deadlines
- Consult on the division of work in the plans and specifications for efficient subcontracting, and lead subcontractor selection and negotiation
We can also provide unique support in this stage, like assistance with a capital needs assessment, brokerage service negotiation, land acquisition, permitting and zoning.